The summer grilling season is finally here! It is time to gather your family and friends for an outdoor barbeque in your backyard. This Traeger summer grilling recipe is perfect for those warm summer nights. Fire up your Traeger grill and let it do the work for you slowly smoking a rack of ribs, the aroma of sweet smoky barbeque filling the air, as you spend quality time with loved ones relaxing on your patio or playing outdoor games with your kids. Nothing is more American than a summer barbeque smoked ribs recipe and at HomCo we are happy to share this yummy one with all of you! Only 4 ingredients! Let’s do this!
Dry Rubbed BBQ St. Louis Ribs
Difficulty: 2/5 | Prep time: 30 mins |Cook Time: 3-4 Hours
Serves 4-6 People | Hardwood: Mesquite
- 2 racks St. Louis style ribs
- 1/4 cup Traeger Pork & Poultry Rub
- 8 tbsp butter
- 1/2 cup white grape Juice
- Lay ribs bone side up and remove membrane using a paper towel. Season with Traeger Pork & Poultry Rub and allow to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes, or refrigerate wrapped in plastic wrap overnight.
- When ready to cook, start Traeger grill according to grill instructions, and set the temperature to 250 degrees F (set to Super Smoke mode if using a WiFIRE-enabled grill).
- Place ribs on grill bone side down and cook for 1.5 to 2 hours or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F when an instant-read thermometer is inserted in the thickest part of the meat not touching the bone.
- Once 160 degrees F is reached, place 4 Tbsp butter on a double layer of heavy-duty foil large enough to create a packet for each rack of ribs. Place ribs meat side down over butter, 4 Tbsp per rack. Add 1/4 cup grape juice and seal each foil packet.
- Place foil packet back on grill and continue to cook at 250 degrees F for 1.5 to 2 hours or until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the meat (not touching the bone) reads 195 degrees F.
- Remove from grill and allow to rest for 15 minutes before slicing. Enjoy!