Velux Skylights & Sun Tunnels
VELUX Skylights & Sun Tunnels for Your Northern Arizona Home
If you want the best skylights for your home or commercial building, HomCo Lumber & Hardware has the selection for you – VELUX. Their skylights are top-of-the-line products that can add to any home or office!
A skylight can be a great idea for homeowners here in Northern Arizona. Obviously, the big benefit of these windows is you can get more natural light into your home, especially to a room that doesn’t have any outside walls or windows. And because this window is on your roof, this natural light will be there even on cloudy days. A good, properly installed skylight will never leak or fog up or waste energy.
The key to putting in a skylight is to make sure that your installer is a professional. An experienced skylight installer will get yours installed the right way to ensure a leak-proof and energy efficient fit.
HomCo Lumber & Hardware is here to help fix up your home and save you money!
CHOOSING A SKYLIGHT
Solar Powered "Fresh Air" Skylights
Electric "Fresh Air" Skylights
Manual "Fresh Air" Skylights
Fill your home with bright, natural daylight! Spanning up to 10 feet, the dramatic SkyMax skylight doubles the square footage of standard flat glass skylights – without losing thermal efficiency. The SkyMax also incorporates a condensation channel to prevent leaking, eliminating the need for weep holes. For large, single light spans, the vinyl frame is structurally reinforced with aluminum.
Skylight Frequently Asked Questions
What types of skylights are best for flat roofs?
Why is roof pitch important for skylight installations?
What rooms are best for skylights?
- Bathroom – Having a skylight in the bathroom is an excellent idea, as it’s great for natural light without having to worry about privacy issues
- Kitchen – First, light from above provides a kitchen with balanced lighting, for delicate cooking tasks like chopping and peeling. Nobody wants darkness when they have a knife in their hands.
- Master Bedroom – Where else in the house will you be looking at the ceiling for most of the time you are in it? Instead of just looking at drywall, imagine drifting off to sleep with a view of the stars.
- Converted Attic – A converted attic, sometimes called a loft conversion, is a great idea and adds a whole additional room to a home without paying for a full addition.
- Family Room or Bonus Room – Family rooms and bonus rooms are often the rooms where people just ‘hang out’, even when it’s nasty outside. Because these rooms are used among varying light conditions – you don’t want the sun to blast that one spot on the couch that you want to take a nap in during the summer, choose skylights with blinds for full control over the light. Raise the blinds for full lighting and to help save on your electricity costs; lower the blinds for dimming the light while watching television.
CHOOSING A SUN TUNNEL
Installing a Sun Tunnel in your home
VELUX Sun Tunnel skylights are the most economical way to bring in natural light into dark spaces like laundry rooms, kitchens, hallways or other small spaces that need more natural light brought in. VELUX Sun Tunnels are quick and easy to install and come with a 20-year tunnel warranty. Bring in the light with VELUX Sun Tunnels!
Sun Tunnel Styles:
Flexible Sun Tunnels
Flexible tunnels are recommended when installation around obstacles within the loft space is required. They are the easiest product to install because of the maneuverability of the material.
- Excellent for ease and speed of installation
- Easily bends around attic obstructions
- Helps diffuse sunlight in short runs
- Ideal for shorter tunnel runs
Rigid Sun Tunnels
Rigid tunnels are recommended when there is a straight, unobstructed path from the roof to the ceiling, although they can be maneuvered slightly.
- Flexi Loc™ tunnel systems for easy and speedy tunnel assembly
- Brighter white light
- Excellent for long runs
Sun Tunnel Frequently Asked Questions
Will the Sun Tunnel skylight fit all roof types?
In what sizes are rigid tunnel VELUX Sun Tunnel skylights available?
How much light will a rigid tunnel VELUX Sun Tunnel skylight transmit?
How long does it take to install a VELUX Sun Tunnel?
From start to finish, it only takes about 90 minutes to install a VELUX Sun Tunnel® Skylight.
- First, your installer will go into the attic to check rafter locations, take measurements, and mark off where the ceiling and roof holes will go.
- Up on the roof, your installer will cut a hole and install the top collar, the upper portion of the tunnel, lens, and flashing.
- Back inside, your installer will cut a hole in the ceiling and install the lower portion of the reflective tunnel to connect the two holes and seal the tunnel seams.
- Next, they’ll install the diffuser and trim ring in the ceiling.
SCHEDULE A FREE IN-HOME CONSULTATION
During your FREE in-home consultation, our knowledgeable staff will explain the differences between products so that when you are ready to make your purchase, you can feel confident that you have made the best decision for you and your home.
Submit the form below, and one of our experts will be in touch to schedule an appointment with you! Or, you call us at (928) 779-6111.