Join the Wood-Fired Revolution with Traeger Grills
HomCo Lumber & Hardware is proud to stock Traeger Wood Fired Grills. When you fire up your Traeger, you have the freedom to fire up delicious food all of the time. Whether you want to smoke, bake, grill, roast, braise or barbeque; Traeger grills do it all. When you enhance your recipes with unbeatable flavor, you get a memorable meal in return.
When cooking on a Traeger grill, your meals get an added layer of flavor that makes all the difference. The 100% all-natural hardwood pellets infuse food with a lick of flavorful smoke. You have the option of choosing between eight different flavors of pellets. However, you also have the freedom to mix and match flavors for your own unique smoky flavor. Maybe you want a hickory apple flavor with a hint of pecan, or maybe a mesquite cherry. The opportunities are endless. Always remember, bland is boring…Wood-fired is delicious.
The Traeger process uses convection heating with the help of the auger and hopper. They mix that with the mill to grill flavor, and lastly, they fine-tuned what pairs well with what. The convection process uses an induction fan which circulates the rich, hardwood smoke throughout the cook chamber for even heat and epic flavor distribution. The auger fuels the fire and moves the hardwood from the hopper to the fire pot; briskly for hot & fast, or gradually for low & slow. Remember to load the hopper to the brim with 100% hardwood for hours of smoking and grilling without the need to reload. Traeger mills their own pellets from recycled trees. This ensures they’re 100% natural and have no artificial binders.
Now that we know and understand the Traeger process, let’s take a deeper look at each of the eight flavors of all-natural, hardwood pellets. First, remember that each 20 pound bag of all-natural wood pellets offers a different taste to be explored. The Treager way is about the ”moisture to smoke ratio”. Keep it at 5% (aka, the sweet spot), and your food gets an even layer of smoke every time.
- Great for beef, chicken, pork and veggies
- Originated from the Midwest, East Coast and Canada, most commonly used to smoke bacon
- Gives a strong, sweet and savory flavor
Mesquite BBQ Blend
- Perfect for chicken, beef and fish
- From trees of the desert, gives a sweet and savory flavor
- Signature flavor of Texas and Southwestern BBQ
- Use on veggies, pork, and chicken
- If you’re looking for a game changer, these give you a light, yet slightly fruity flavor
- Infuses a delicious and mild flavor into food
- Perfect for chicken, veggies, beef and pork
- This flavor burns slow and steady every time while adding a sweet and spicy flavor
- Emits a sweet nutty flavor that compliments food with a delicious and mild smoke
Oak BBQ Blend
- Great on fish and beef
- For a natural and nutty flavor, oak BBQ is spectacular choice
- Oak trees from across the US, give a strong wooded flavor that’s not too overpowering
- Accentuate beef, chicken, and pork
- Emits a bright, sweet and fruity flavor to your dishes
- Great for beef, veggies, and pork
- Brings out the natural flavor, with a mildly sweet twist
- From the Northeastern states, the maple blend infuses a thick flavor profile
- Perfect for beef, pork, chicken, fish, lamb, and veggie dishes
- This delicate and mild smokiness will enhance your meals
- Most versatile flavor
What is the wood-fired difference? A wood pellet grill is the only barbecue that can create a thick, smooth smoke that evenly circulates, enveloping every inch of food with aromatic and memorable wood-fired flavor. Quality hardwood fuel is pivotal in cooking this rich, flavorful food. You’ll get consistent results, and you’ll taste the difference. Traeger pellets contain two natural ingredients: the signature blend of hardwoods and simple soybean oil. Their manufacturing process believes that less is always more. No additives, no fillers, or binding agents. Just simple, superior, unmatched flavor.
Here at HomCo we carry the Pro Series line of Traeger grills in the 20 Tailgater, the 22 and the 34 in the bronze or blue color. Don’t forget to load up on all of the tasty rubs, sauces, and shakes and your favorite bag of hardwood pellets. Traeger grills turn hardwood fuel into wood-fired creations and ordinary meals into extraordinary opportunities to gather. Your world deserves more flavor. Shop HomCo. Shop Local. Shop Traeger.